On the 75th anniversary of the victory of the Chinese People’s War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression, the author interviewed Mr. Zhang Zishen, an expert on the history of Japanese invasion of China and a former researcher of the Beijing Military Region, at the eight places in the Xishan Scenic Area in Beijing. At the invitation of the author, Mr. Zhang Zishen introduced four Japanese generals who were killed by the Eighth Route Army during the Anti-Japanese War. Of course, in the eyes of the Japanese militarists, they are generals who have made”extreme military exploits”, but in the eyes of the Chinese people, they are the devil who kills without blinking an eye. They are guilty, they are full of evil, and they die.

getUrls?link=8e4076d5fc47fa6e85246cb49e1d0a06 - Four famous Japanese generals killed by the Eighth Route Army

The heinous Abe Ki show

Japanese Lieutenant GeneralAbe Kisho:”The Flower of a Famous General” Death on Taihang Mountain

Huangshiling, once a land trampled by Japanese invaders, is also a land that the Chinese are proud of because it is The death place of the famous Japanese general Abe Norihide.

One ​​day in August 1992, in the Huangtuling battle In Yansu Cliff on the First Battlefield, an old man who faltered faced the towering”Yansu Cliff and Huangtuling Battle Victory Monument” with a lot of emotion. He was General Yang Chengwu, the direct commander of the Huangtuling battle. The past 53 years ago is vividly remembered——

“Which way to fight?”

“Fight East Road! This road is full of deep mountains and valleys from Laiyuan to Yinfang, and then south to Yansuya. During this period, there is only one mountain road to walk, and there are large mountains on both sides, so it is easy to find the ambush area.”

On October 31, 1939, Nie Rongzhen, commander of the Jinchaji Military Region, and Yang Chengwu, commander of the first division, studied deployment tactics before the battle in Huangtuling.

At that time, Yang Chengwu was attending a meeting of the Northern Bureau of the CPC Central Committee in Qingshan Village, Fuping. Suddenly, the Laiyuan Intelligence Station sent a piece of information. The commander of the Japanese”Mengjiang Garrison” in Zhangjiakou and Lieutenant General Norihide Abe, the commander of the independent mixed 2nd brigade, dispatched Noriyoshi Tsujimura to lead the Japanese First Brigade and A total of more than 1,000 puppet troops stationed in Laiyuan City, planning to divide the West Road, South Road, and East Road to a sub-base area to”move”.

The Second Independent Mixed Brigade was the “Elite Division” of the Japanese army. It was once invincible during the war of aggression against China. However, the Second Mixed Brigade had fought against the 120th Division of the Eighth Route Army in Shaojiazhuang. At that time, Lieutenant General Changoka Kanji, the commander of the brigade at the time, was severely injured and almost became a ghost of the Eighth Route Army. In order to strengthen this”ace” force, the Japanese army tuned the”famous general” Abe Kisho to take command.

Nie Rongzhen agreed with Yang Chengwu’s suggestion to”fight the east road” and asked him not to participate in the meeting, and immediately returned to the district to organize the battle. On November 3, Yang Chengwu deployed the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd regiments of a sub-district respectively on the mountain beams on both sides of the Yansuya Canyon.

At 7 o’clock, under the lure of our army, more than 600 people from the Tsuji Village Brigade strode into the Yansu Cliff Canyon. The arrogant and arrogant enemy did not send guards on march and rest, did not search the sides, did not put the small guerrillas in the eyes, and swaggered into the area north of Zhangjiafen, all of them got into the”pocket array”.”.

At this time, the 3rd regiment suddenly hit the Japanese with violent firepower. Regiment 1 and Regiment 2 also launched attacks from both sides of the canyon at the same time. The sound of charge horns resounded throughout the valley. The sound of gunfire, cannons, killing calls, and grenade explosions revolved in the valley, deafening.

In this battle, with the exception of Tsujimura’s escape from chaos and the capture of 13 Japanese soldiers, more than 600 people were killed.

The Tsujimura Brigade was wiped out, and Abe Kihide became angry from shame. On November 4, Norihide Abe led a total of more than 1,500 people from the 4th and 2nd Brigade of the 2nd Brigade to the south along the route where the Tsujimura Brigade was wiped out.

Yang Chengwu immediately reported to Commander Nie by phone, and suggested that:“East of Yinfang and around Huangtuling, the terrain is still conducive to ambushes. As long as the enemy dares to make Moving eastward, we will definitely be able to fight another beautiful ambush.”

After discussing with Peng Zhen, He Long, and Guan Xiangying, Commander Nie telegraphed Yang Chengwu:“Comrade He Long is afraid that you will not have enough troops, so he decided to let the 120th Division Special Task Force , Rushed to the Huangtuling area before dark and under your command. In addition, we let the 20th, 26th, and 34th regiments contain the enemies in Yixian, Mancheng, Xushui and other places.” And said:”You fight for greater victory. Come!”

In response to Abe’s cunning and eager revenge mentality, Yang Chengwu formulated a small force to attract the Japanese army and lure the enemy into the Huangtuling ambush circle. The tactics of annihilation in one fell swoop. On November 5, the Japanese army continued to search and advance. The 1st and 25th regiments of the first division of the Eighth Route Army carried out baiting as scheduled. After the exchange of fire, they sometimes blocked the attack and sometimes retreated, entangled the enemy tightly, and if they left, the Japanese army wanted to fight and couldn’t pursue it. That night, the Japanese army entered Yinfang, Sigezhuang and other places, but still did not find the main force of the Eighth Route Army, they ignited the houses of the people in desperation, and the courtyards and villages instantly turned into a sea of ​​flames, and the fire continued throughout the night.

The Japanese army was impatient after making a two-shot attack. Suddenly I got information that the Eighth Route Army’s main activity was near Huangtuling, so that the team rushed to Huangtuling on the morning of the 6th. After entering Huangtuling Village, Norihide Abe got information about the main force of the Eighth Route Army in the northwest of Huangtuling. The cunning”mountain warfare expert” immediately made a judgment:the Eighth Route Army”used a force to lure our main force to gather near Huangtuling, in an attempt to attack from behind our brigade.” He had a foreboding that the attempt to wipe out the main force of a division would be difficult to achieve. To avoid being wiped out, he swallowed his breath and made the decision to retreat and return to the camp in the early hours of the 7th. However, it was too late.

On the morning of November 7, the sky was covered with dense rain curtains, the valley was filled with thick mist, and the lurking Eighth Route Army and the peaks disappeared in drizzle In the mist. Although the Japanese troops marching east were highly vigilant and marching slowly, they never found our army ambush.

At about 3 pm, when the Japanese guard entered the canyon, the 1st and 25th regiments of the Eighth Route Army suddenly blocked head-on, and the 2nd and 3rd regiments came from west and south. In a joint attack on the three sides of the north, the Japanese army was quickly compressed into a valley about two kilometers long and more than 100 meters wide near Shangzhuangzi. Thousands of rifles and a hundred heavy machine guns fired at the Japanese army violently. Suddenly, the sound of gunshots and grenade explosions became one piece, shouting to kill everywhere, and the entire valley was filled with war and gunpowder smoke.

In 1995, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, we visited Zhaitou Village, not far from Huangtu Ridge, where there was an independent small house composed of three-sided houses. The courtyard-it is the place where Abe Kihide lost his life. More than half a century has passed, and this small courtyard is still intact as a historical witness. Chen Hanmin, grandson of the homeowner Chen Laohan, was also a witness to Abe Kisho’s death. In his memory, after being defeated by the Eighth Route Army and fled into the small courtyard, Kisoo Abe drove his family of 18 to the South House. He was only 6 years old and was so scared to cry. Kisoo Abe pulled out the commanding knife with a”swish” and put it on his neck, yelling and making gestures:”Cry, dead, dead!” The children were shocked and did not dare to speak again, Abe Guixiu sat facing the door in an imperial chair. At this time, the Eighth Route Army fired, and a shell exploded at the door of the house. Shrapnel flew into the house, killing and wounding Abe and several Japanese officers and soldiers on the spot. There were no casualties of their 18 members.

Losing the commander, the remnants of the Japanese army were in extreme panic, crashing everywhere like headless flies. They first made a desperate breakout towards Huangtuling and were hit head-on by the 3rd regiment and the secret service regiment. Then they broke through towards Zhaitou and were also repelled by the 1st regiment. After that, just like a frustrated ball, the momentum of the counterattack decreased sharply, and the forces began to shrink and stand by for help.

On the morning of November 8, the Japanese airdropped the commander, ammunition, and supplies, preparing to organize a new breakthrough. At the same time, the 26th and 110th Divisions of the Japanese Army each, and the 3rd and 5th Brigades of the Second Brigade alone sent reinforcements. In order to avoid losses, Yang Chengwu decisively decided to withdraw from the battle immediately after hitting the Japanese troops again.

The battle of Huangtuling, including the first phase of the Yansu Cliff battle, the Eighth Route Army wiped out more than 1,500 Japanese and a large number of puppet troops. Regarding the death of Norihide Abe, Japan’s”Asahi Shimbun” immediately expressed”sighs” with”the flower of the famous general withered on the Taihang Mountains”. He was the youngest and fastest-promoted general in Japan at that time.

His death greatly inspired the resistance of Chinese soldiers and civilians, and also caused a heavy trauma to the Japanese invaders.

getUrls?link=34d3543f1c61b15e262018c7650fef25 - Four famous Japanese generals killed by the Eighth Route Army

Toku Numata full of evil Heavy

Japanese Lieutenant General Tokushige Numata:The”pioneer” soul lost in Shandong during the invasion of China

On July 16, 1939, Lieutenant General Tokushige Numata, commander of the 114th Division of the Japanese Army, led his troops to”mope” the Eighth Route Army in western Shandong. During the retreat from Liaocheng to the east, he was ambushed by troops from the Luxi Military Region of the 115th Division of the Eighth Route Army, causing more than 200 casualties. Toku Numata was hit by several bullets in the chest and abdomen. He was seriously injured and was immediately sent to the Japanese Army Central Hospital in Jinan. rescue. One month later, Toku Numata lost his soul to China.

Numata Tokushige was the”vanguard” of the Japanese invasion of China, and his hands were stained with the blood of Chinese soldiers and civilians.

Numata graduated from the 19th period of the Japanese Army Non-commissioned Officer School in May 1907, and 8 years later, graduated from the 27th period of the Japanese Army University, as a lieutenant in infantry. On August 1, 1931, Toku Numata was re-transferred to the headquarters of the Guards Division and was promoted to Infantry Osho. Two years later, he became the commander of the Chiba Union District of the Eastern Japanese Military Region.

On August 1, 1936, Numata was promoted to major general and was transferred to the headquarters of the 2nd Division. In early February of the following year, the Japanese General Staff ordered the 2nd Division to be incorporated into the Kwantung Army. Major General Tokusuke Numata set off from Sendai, Japan with the division and stationed in Northeast China in early April.

After the August 13 Incident in 1937, Tokusuke Numata was appointed commander of the 26th Infantry Brigade of the 13th Division on September 10. The brigade has jurisdiction over the 116th and 58th infantry regiments and one each for the mountain artillery, engineer, and heavy infantry regiments, as well as one for the cavalry and signal troops. On the 11th, the General Staff Headquarters organized the 13th Division to invade the battle sequence of the Chinese Japanese Army’s Shanghai dispatch army. On November 7, it was incorporated into the Central China Front Army with the Shanghai Dispatching Army (the Central China Front Army was later renamed the”Central China Dispatching Army” and the headquarters was located in Shanghai).

After receiving the appointment of the brigade commander, Tokushige Numata hurried back to Japan and led the brigade to sail from Kobe on September 27, 1937. October On the 1st, it began to land between Wusong and Shanghai, as the second line of troops to attack Shanghai.

On October 5 of this year, Tokusuke Numata led the 26th Brigade and the 9th Division to launch a fierce attack on the Yunzaobang area. Both China and Japan After fighting for four days and nights, he suffered heavy casualties. In the end, the KMT army fought fiercely with the Japanese army for several days, and suffered heavy losses, but failed to annihilate the Japanese army crossing the river, resulting in the Japanese 26th Brigade and other units. A bridgehead position with a width of about 1 km was formed from the Heidahuang House to the east and west Zhaojiajiao to cover the south crossing of its follow-up troops and attacked in the direction of Dachang, eventually occupying Dachang. On November 9, the Chinese defenders began to retreat across the board, and the Songhu War of Resistance ended.

In mid-November, the Japanese forces marched towards Nanjing in three routes:the 26th Brigade and other units marched west along the Beijing-Shanghai Railway via Danyang, Zhenjiang, and Jurong; The 9th Division went straight to Nanjing from Jintan; the 114th Division moved along the Yixing, Liyang, and Lishui highways. On November 24, the defense of Nanjing began. The Chinese army fought bloody battles with hundreds of thousands and fought back heroically against the Japanese invading army. The Japanese army advanced with the strength of eight divisions, putting the Nanjing defenders at a disadvantage of being surrounded on three sides and fighting their backs. On December 13, Nanjing fell. Later, Tokushi Numata led his troops to capture Lai’an, Quanjiao, Liuhe and other places, and repeatedly carried out”clearance and suppression” and”criminations” in the occupied areas in an attempt to eliminate the dismantled Chinese army.

After the Japanese captured Nanjing, they immediately attacked Xuzhou from the north and the south. The 31st Army of the Kuomintang deployed defenses on the west bank of the Chi River. On the evening of January 25, 1938, Tokuchu Numata led the 26th Brigade with more than 4,000 men and more than 30 wild artillery to cross the Chihe River from the West Street, and then attacked westward, even trapping Liangshan, Wulitun, and the 135th Division of the Kuomintang’s garrison. Randeng Temple and other positions.

On January 27, Tokusumi Numata led the right-wing column, with 4 infantry groups and 2 artillery groups as the backbone, breaking through several blockades on the left bank of the Chi River in turn. Then attack Linhuai Pass. On February 1, after the 26th Brigade occupied Linhuaiguan, it immediately began to chase the retreating Chinese troops. They successively captured Bengbu, Dingyuan, Huaiyuan, Linhuaiguan, and Fengyang, and then began to forcibly cross the Huaihe River, focusing on the Xuzhou area. .

On May 19th, he led the 26th Brigade into Xuzhou. After the Battle of Xuzhou, Tokushu Numata led the 26th Brigade to take part in the battle of Wuhan. On August 22 of the same year, the Japanese base camp issued an order to march and capture Wuhan. The Japanese 26th Brigade entered Wuhan in early November after more than two months of hard fighting. In March 1939, Tokushi Numata was promoted to lieutenant general and at the same time served as the commander of the 114th Division of the 12th Army of the North China Front Army. The division headquarters was located in Jinan, Shandong Province, and served as the defense combat mission in the area.

After Numata took office in Jinan, he led his troops in coordination with the 5th and 21st Divisions of the Japanese Army to attack Yu Xuezhong, commander-in-chief of the KMT Lusu Theater The battle between the Ministry and the Shandong Eighth Route Army.

On June 4, Numata Tokuchu launched Lunan operations to attack Yu Xuezhong and the Eighth Route Army Shandong Military Region, gradually reducing the encirclement.

In order to avoid the sharp edges of the Japanese army, Yu Xuezhong moved to the mountains in the west of Yishui, near Rizhao, and Yunmeng Mountain; The military force contained the Japanese army, and the main force jumped to the outside to attack the enemy.

On June 15th, the Japanese army further increased its strength and adopted a rigorous division and encirclement tactics to attack the northern mountainous area of ​​Yishui, the Yunmeng mountainous area and the northern mountainous area of ​​Mengyin. , But was crushed by Yu Xuezhong and the Eighth Route Army.

After the”mopping” ended, although the Japanese army occupied part of the Lunan guerrilla base, it has not been able to capture the main force of the Chinese army.

After the Lunan operation, Lieutenant General Tokusuke Numata used a unit of the 114th Division to coordinate with the 10th, 14th, 32nd, and 35th Divisions. All ministries carried out another”mopping up” against the troops of the Luxi Military Region under the 115th Division of the Eighth Route Army in an attempt to eliminate the main force of the Eighth Route Army in the area and expand the so-called”security zone” of the Japanese army. But this time, Toku Numata sounded his death knell.

Yang Yong, commander and political commissar of the Luxi Military Region of the Eighth Route Army, commanded the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th detachments, Taixi Army Division, Yunxi The divisional forces of the military consisted of a battalion company, which dealt with the Japanese on the inside line, and the main force was transferred to the outside line by taking advantage of the gap, attacking the enemy from side to back, and launching a full-scale counter-“mopping-up” operation.

On June 30th, the 14th, 32nd, and 35th Divisions of the Japanese Army conquered Chengbin and Dingtao from south to north one after another; On July 3, Numata Tokushige led the 114 division from north to south in an attempt to echo the south and north, and flanked the Luxi Military Region troops. Unexpectedly, this tactic failed to achieve obvious results, but it was repeatedly attacked and ambushed by troops of the Luxi Military Region, and Japanese troops suffered heavy casualties.

In mid-July, the Japanese army was forced to stop”mopping up”, and the divisions began to retreat one after another. On July 16, when Lieutenant General Dezhong Numata 114 Division was retreating eastward from Liaocheng, it was again ambushed by the main force of the Luxi Military Region, and the 114 Division suffered more than 200 casualties. At this time, Lieutenant General Tokuchu Numata was also shot several times in the chest and abdomen, and was immediately sent to the Japanese Army Central Hospital in Jinan for rescue.

On July 22, the Japanese base camp ordered the 114th Division to end its operations in China and begin preparations for returning to Japan for rest.

Numata Tokushige has received the order to return home, but due to the hot weather, his wounds, chest and abdomen have been infected, and he fell into a coma from time to time. On August 12, Tokushige Numata was finally killed because the rescue failed. He became a Japanese lieutenant general who received the order to return but failed to embark on the return journey.

getUrls?link=8a621349c7fafa5ed4fcd69a3f43cde8 - Four famous Japanese generals killed by the Eighth Route Army

Iida who is more than dead Taijiro

Japanese Major General Iida Taijiro:Killed in the”Hundred Regiments”

In the middle of the night of November 18, 1940, the commander of the 35th Infantry Brigade of the Japanese Army, Taijiro Iida, was in a dream. He was awakened by gunshots. He had not yet realized what was going on. He was seriously injured by the flying bullets.

This evening, a detachment of more than 20 members of the Eighth Route Army Hebei-Luyu Military Region quietly came to a Japanese camp on the south side of the Jinan-Handan Highway.

Suddenly, there was a”bang” gunshot and the battle order was issued. Several light machine guns fired violently at the Japanese tent group together, and then hand grenades exploded continuously in the tent group. Faced with the sudden attack of the small group, the Japanese were caught off guard and ran out of the tent. They had nowhere to hide. They were shot and wounded by random shooting, or were killed and wounded by grenades.

The 35th Infantry Brigade Headquarters of the 35th Division of the North China Front Army of the Japanese Army and some of its direct units were attacked. In just ten minutes, the small team killed and injured more than 200 Japanese soldiers. The seriously injured Taijiro Iida was rushed to the Japanese military field hospital in Handan overnight, but he was unable to treat the wound due to severe infection and visceral erosion. He died on November 28.

Iida Yasujiro is a veteran invader of China, as early as the 1920s and 1930s served in the Japanese army that invaded Northeast China and Shandong. After the”July 7 Incident”, he participated in the full-scale war of aggression against China and committed unforgivable crimes against the Chinese people.

In March 1939, Iida Yasujiro was transferred to the 35th Infantry Brigade Commander of the 35th Infantry Brigade, which was just formed in Japan, and he was promoted to Major General . On April 1, according to the order of the base camp, the 35th Division was incorporated into the North China Front Army, and it immediately went to Shandong Province, China. The division headquarters was located in Jinan City, and then moved to Xinxiang City, Henan Province. The 35th Infantry Brigade consists of the 29th, 220th, and 221st Infantry Wings, as well as special forces such as search, field artillery, heavy equipment, and engineer wing. It is the main combat force of the 35th Division.

Since the end of June, this force has successively”mopped up” the Luxi and Southern Hebei Anti-Japanese Base Areas. However, by the beginning of July, the Japanese army not only failed to achieve obvious results, but was also repeatedly attacked and ambushed by the Luxi Military Region troops, causing heavy casualties. In order to reverse the situation, under the order of the superior, Iida Taijiro led his troops hurriedly from the Shandong battlefield to the Shanxi battlefield.

On July 17, under his leadership, 3 alliances joined the headquarters. On the same day, the North China Front Army ordered the 35th Division:”Try to enter the vicinity of Zezhou with as much force as possible, respond to the main force of the 1st Army to capture and destroy the enemy, and if necessary, order a unit to advance near Zhoucun and cooperate with the 1st Army. The left bank of the Mihe River advanced into battle.” The main force of the unit occupied Tianjingguan and then Zezhou on the second day.

After the Jindong operation ended, as the headquarters of the 35th Division moved to Kaifeng, Henan Province, the 35th Infantry Brigade moved to the Shangqiu area.

From April to July 1940, the Japanese North China Front continuously carried out the first and second phases of operations to open up waterways. The first phase focused on opening up the north road. Baoding, Shijiazhuang, Fuyang and other waterways; the second phase focuses on opening up the South Road, namely the Weihe Waterway.

In order to implement the second phase of the battle plan to open up the waterway, the Japanese North China Front carried out the so-called South Hebei”Square Operation” on June 4. On that day, the battle began. Under the unified command of Iida Taijiro, the 35th Infantry Brigade and the 4th Cavalry Brigade consisted of more than 6,000 men. They were dispatched from Kaifeng and Shangqiu and headed for the Hebei, Shandong and Henan border areas in three routes. The Iida Corps first launched an offensive against the Chinese army south of the Yellow River. After crossing the Yellow River, they”swept” the Eighth Route Army base in the Dongming area. Then, with the cooperation of each of the 27th and 110th Divisions, they attacked the Puyang area from the east, south, west, and north directions.

The area around Puyang is a consolidated base area for the Eighth Route Army in southern Hebei, and is a key area for the Japanese army to open up waterways and encircle the”mopping”. The commander of the Eighth Route Army’s Southern Hebei Military Region Chen Zaidao and political commissar Song Renqiong commanded their subordinate units to block and harass the Japanese troops with a single force, delaying their advancement. When the Japanese army was about to reach an encirclement, the main force quickly jumped out of the combined attack circle on June 12, from outside. Attacked, ambushed, and intercepted Japanese troops, destroyed their transportation supply lines, and dealt heavy blows to the Iida Corps and other units.

In spite of this, the Japanese army cleared the waterway in late June, and the first phase of the battle ended.

Since the beginning of July 1940, the Japanese army moved into the second phase of operations in an attempt to further consolidate and expand the results. Major General Iida Yasujiro commanded his troops and the 4th Cavalry Brigade, dispersed the deployment of troops, established additional strongholds, and relied on the strongholds to repeatedly”clean up” and”sweep” the surrounding areas. Although the Air Force of the 12th Army provided active cooperation and tried its best to conduct reconnaissance and liaison with aircraft, the battlefield was so vast that even if the main forces of the Eighth Route Army were discovered, they still could not command the Iida Corps to encircle them in time. Until the end of July, he failed to achieve decent results. Instead, he was repeatedly ambushed by the Eighth Route Army’s southern Hebei troops and suffered heavy losses.

In August 1940, under the command of Peng Dehuai, deputy commander-in-chief of the Eighth Route Army, the 115th, 120th, and 129th Divisions and the Jinchaji Military Region belonged to a total of 105 units Regiment, launched the famous”Hundred Regiments War”. After three and a half months of combat, the Eighth Route Army dealt a great blow to the entire Japanese army behind enemy lines in North China, killing and injuring more than 44,000 Japanese puppet troops, shattering the so-called”cage policy” of the Japanese army, and restraining the large number of Japanese forces attempting to attack the Chinese rear. The troops also supported the frontal battlefield of the Kuomintang army.

In the”Hundred Regiments Battle”, the Eighth Route Army Chen Zai Dao in southern Hebei mobilized more than 30,000 people to continuously destroy railways, highways, and communication facilities. In the attack, especially on the Shi-German Railway, many parts of the roadbed were demolished, making it difficult for the Japanese to repair it in a short time.

In mid-October, in order to retaliate for the trauma and humiliation suffered, Major General Iida Taijiro led the 35 infantry brigade into a frenzied”mopping up” on the Jiluyu border area. The main combat target is the Eighth Route Army Chen Zaidao. A month later, Iida Taijiro traveled north from the area on the north bank of the Yellow River to the Handan-Jinan highway in an attempt to crusade against the Eighth Route Army troops and militias that damaged the highway.

On the night of November 18th, the sky was pitch black, and you could not see your fingers. A detachment of more than 20 people sent by the Eighth Route Army Hebei Luyu Military Region was destroyed along the road. The Jinan-Handan highway, which was fragmented, groped to the west quickly. After more than an hour, there were a few scattered lights in the distance:This is the target they are going to attack-the Japanese 35 Infantry Brigade Headquarters.

At about 12 o’clock in the evening, the team came to the camp of the 35th Infantry Brigade of the Japanese Army. At this time, most of the steam lights in the tents had been extinguished, and only a cotton tent in the center of the camp was still lit. This was the command post of Major General Iida Taijiro.

The Eighth Route Army squad decisively launched a violent attack, and rushed into the camp and tents in chaos, quickly took some guns, and quickly retreated. Withdraw in the same way. Major General Yasujiro Iida, commander of the 35th Infantry Brigade of the Japanese Army, never expected that his dream of sending troops to avenge the Eighth Route Army did not come true. Instead, he was killed in Huangquan and was”retributed” by the Eighth Route Army.

getUrls?link=a640b1ee8ba53e24f84518e1831f0f1b - Four famous Japanese generals killed by the Eighth Route Army

Rise to death Yoshikawa who got fast too

Japanese Major General Yoshikawa:Killed in the Eighth Route Army’s anti-“mopping”

As ​​three red signal bombs rose into the sky, the main force of the Luzhong Military Region of the Eighth Route Army who was lying in ambush on the stone bridge of Yiyuan, Shandong, suddenly opened fire together, light and heavy machine guns and various types of rifles kept firing , Structured into a tight cross firepower net; hand grenades and sixty shells exploded in the Japanese troops marching in the ravine.

The 53rd Infantry Brigade of the 59th Infantry Division of the Japanese Army was ambushed, and the officers and soldiers immediately scattered and avoided. At this time, the brigade commander Major General Yoshikawa Zi did not know that his death was imminent. For him, who has experienced many battles in the war of aggression against China, he has long been accustomed to experiencing the rain of bullets. But this time, he failed to escape.

On September 13, 1939, the commander of the 11th Army of the Japanese Army, Lieutenant General Neiji Okamura, led an army of 100,000. With the cooperation of the aviation force, he prepared to launch the”Changsha Battle” in an attempt to eliminate the main force in the 9th theater of the Chinese army.

In the first Changsha battle, Yoshikawa who served as the head of weapons of the 33rd Division of the Japanese Army can only be regarded as an official of the agency and did not directly lead the battle.

But it was different in the second year of the Yichang battle.

In that battle, Osuke Yoshikawa succeeded Osa Kanzaki, who was killed due to a mistake in judgment, as the captain of the 233rd Infantry Regiment of the 39th Infantry Division. At 19:30 on May 31, 1940, the 39th Division disregarded the order of the Japanese army and carried out an artillery attack for one and a half hours, and then used the 233rd Regiment as the commando team, and succeeded in the forced crossing at 21:35. The neighboring 3rd Division also had to force a crossing in advance. Before dawn, most of the combat troops of the two divisions crossed the Han River. After the capture of Xiangyang and Yicheng, the 3rd and 39th Divisions captured Yichang on June 12.

After that, the Japanese army was once ordered to withdraw from Yichang, but then suddenly changed their plans, so China and Japan started fierce fighting again.

On June 24, the Japanese captured Yichang again. After that, the Japanese army gathered its main force in the areas near Dangyang and Xianghe. The Chinese army formed a situation of encirclement against the enemy on the line north of Jiangling, Yichang, Dangyang, Zhongxiang, Suixian, and Xinyang. End.

Yoshikawa was also a direct participant in the second Changsha Battle.

In order to support the 13th Division’s defensive operations, the 39th Division sent Yoshikawa to lead the 233rd Regiment to secretly cross the Chinese army’s blockade line , Entered the outlying areas of Yichang, and harassed the 9th Division, the newly formed 33th Division, and the 76th Division of the Chinese Army from the side and back day and night, making it difficult to fully engage in siege operations.

From September 30 to October 11, the Kuomintang’s 6th theater siege troops were slow in their actions and did not use all their elite troops to attack the city, resulting in 14 The strength of this division failed to capture Yichang, an incomplete division of the Japanese army.

In March 1943, Yoshikawa was ordered to return to Japan, and he was attached to the headquarters of the 56th Division and served as the permanent chief of the secret service at Kyushu University. In April of the following year, he was re-appointed as attached to the headquarters of the 86th Division, still serving as the permanent chief of the secret service at Kyushu University, and was promoted to major general in the army shortly after.

In January 1945, Major General Yoshikawa once again invaded the Japanese army in China. He served as the commander of the 53rd Infantry Brigade of the 59th Infantry Division of the Chinese Dispatch Army, and the division headquarters is based in Tai’an, Shandong Province.

In order to resist the landing of US troops from the coast of Shandong, the 59th Division moved to Jinan on April 6 according to the order of the base camp. At that time, Major General Jichuan Zi led the 53rd Infantry Brigade into the urban area of ​​Jinan and was included in the 43rd Army combat sequence.

On April 25, the Japanese 43rd Corps carried out”clearance and suppression” and”sweeping” operations on the Shandong Peninsula. The 59th Division was mainly responsible for operations in the east of Jinan. Among them, the combat area of ​​the 53rd Infantry Brigade of Major General Yoshikawa is in the Yiyuan area.

When the Japanese army began to”move”, it was just as the Eighth Route Army Shandong Military Region was preparing to launch a summer offensive. Due to the stubborn resistance of the Chinese military and civilians, the Japanese advance was very slow. Therefore, Major General Yoshikawa personally went to the battlefield to supervise the battle. When the Japanese 43rd Corps mobilized more than 30,000 troops and adopted tactics such as separate advances and joint attacks and”clearance and suppression” in different areas, with the focus on Luzhong and Binhai, the Shandong Military Region troops immediately adjusted their combat deployment. Enter the anti-“mopping up” operation. Wang Jian’an, commander of the Luzhong Military Region, and Luo Shunchu, political commissar, commanded the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and

4th and 5th Army Divisional Units, and The 59th Division of the Japanese Army circulated in the central Shandong area, constantly attacking the enemy with blocking, assault, ambush, harassment and other tactics. Unexpectedly, the brigade commander Yoshikawa-suke became a turtle in the urn in the stone bridge ambush.

Yoshikawa, who had already died, quickly pulled the walkie-talkie to a huge boulder and ordered the various ministries to organize the troops and organize a counterattack. When he commanded troops to attack a high ground, he was shot by the Eighth Route Army ambush and killed on the spot. ■

Article/Chen Hui

This article is the original of the”Exhibition of Party History”.

No reprint without permission.